Funky Disney Moons

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

As are yours. ; Maybe we should have an official 'moons at Disney' thread - though I think this might already be it!

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I think so!
    another oldie:
    [​IMG]
    Full Moon on Main Street by cdbendele, on Flickr

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice - I love that little New Orleans Square inspired side street...didn't realize the moon positions there.

Say, Craig - that reminds me of something else...being as how you know BLT very well - do you know if the moon lines up at moonset with the castle from anywhere in BLT? ; I know when on the roof of Contemporary, the sunset is roughly over Grand Floridian to somewhere in the space between GF and MK, depending on the time of year. ; So it would seem at least at some times of the year, the BLT might have a better angle for getting the sunset or moonset to go roughly over Magic Kingdom. ; I've always dreamed of a big telephoto shot of the castle in front of the moon - but can't quite figure out where you'd need to be to see that. ; BLT? ; If not the castle, maybe BTMR? ; Does anything in MK line up with the sunset (and moonset) from BLT's perspective at any time of the year?

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I dont know. ; :) ; I have seen it over the grand once, but it was so high up, I couldnt get a well composed shot. Then as the day went on, the moon just disappeared in the haze and sunlight.
    Otherwise its always rising over Bay Lake

5. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014