Giraffe Girl

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scott, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Scott

Scott Member

At least I think she's supposed to be a giraffe! Taken during Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

That's an interesting shot. Is this parade any good I've never seen it?

3. goofy101

goofy101 Member

The parade is very good, great pic by the way

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Scott

Scott Member

Oh yeah, the parade is wonderful, especially for photo ops like this one. Its long enough that the viewers are "spread out", meaning you can always find a good spot to watch from.

5. Dan

Dan Member

The parade has drawn my ire because of the fact that it COMPLETELY closes down a walking path, with no alternates other than to walk the long way around Animal Kingdom. I think I've gotten caught by it that way twice.

Yeah, I know I'm being a bit of a grump here.. but I'm tired of having to take all the parades into account in just trying to get from point to point. A Travel Channel special declared SpectroMagic a part of "Hidden Disneyworld".. I don't know how you can miss it, it keeps blocking your way.

I do like the style of those costumes, though. I don't know what you'd call it.. it's a sort of modern/primitive/tribal/surrealist interpretation. The thing I like is how well it's all been blended together.

6. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Dan, I just saw that you live in Naperville. I used to live in Bolingbrook the town right next door.

7. Dan

Dan Member

Really? Well, hello to a former Chicagolandian (assuming that you're no longer Chicago adjacent, anyway) from a current Napervillain (yes, I intend that to be pronounced like "villain").

8. scpergj

scpergj Member

Ha! I was born in Northwest hospital, and lived in Franklin Park and Addison until my parents got smart and we moved to Florida (after the blizzard of '78-'79!)!

Of course, living in the South for 3/4ths of my life, I'm more Southerner than Chicagoan - except for my Cubbies!

Wait 'till next year! (I've been saying that for almost 40 years now...but Wait 'till next year!)

Kevin

9. Dan

Dan Member

Oh yeah? Well I was born in Texas! Granted my family didn't live there long enough for me to have a single memory of it.. but I'm told that that STILL makes me a Texan. Serious Southerners have told me that you can't escape being a Texan, even if you become a Yankee. Which I've also been told I am.

I've also lived in Iowa, Colorado, New York, Virginia, and Michigan. On forums where I don't go by my real name I often use Nomad. The truth is, though, that I've lived in Illinois for well over half my life. In my childhood I was a nomad, but I've kind of lost that since then.

10. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I moved to Florida as well. It's a little easier to drive four hours however long it is from Chicagoland.