How Much Money do we Need?

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Rosyrain, May 3, 2014.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

We are a family of 4 and are planning to go to Disney land next summer for about 4 days and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on about how much money we will need to bring with us? We will be flying about 2 hours and plan to stay in a hotel at the theme park. We will probably make breakfast in our room and will eat out for lunch and dinner if this helps at all...

2. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

I was searching around Disneyland hotels and happened to get a quote if interested. To spend four days, three nights and roam around two parks it would be approximately be the following:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/disneyland/specials.htm

^ It does state that the specific package's deadline has passed, but I wouldn't be surprised if there would be another similar one that they would create for the summer. If anything, this can give you the radius of how much you would need to bring. For the package itself, it lingers around $1,600. As for food, souvenirs and more, that would perhaps be another $500 -- considering if you're spenders -- give or take.

There is also information in regards to receiving discounts up to 20% off. Which is always great. If I'm not mistaken, they grant most of their discounts if you're a AAA member and/or Military. :)

Have fun in Disneyland when you go! It's truly and inspiring and fun place to be! :D

3. Dez97

Dez97 Member

I honestly would start putting away at least $200 out of each of y'all income every month just to get ready for the trip. On average whenever me and my family goes we blow about $1500 on fun alone, and with the hotels and all the other fees like food etc. We've spent almost $3000. So on average I would say that you're looking at about $5,000 for you're trip maybe more, depending on you and you're families needs.

4. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

This is a pretty important question, especially for the parents that are planning this big, memorable trip to Disneyland. You don't want to go there and then have to stint or over-charge on your card, right? I would also keep an eye out for seasonal discounts for both Disneyland and airfare, and plan your trip around that time so as to maximize usage.

5. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

That's a lot of money but I know it will be well spent because Disney Land looks super fun. I hope to go there someday...

6. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

It also depends on how close you live. Someone like me, who lives in South Florida, would get a discount for being a local in WDW. You used to be able to save some extra cash if you brought your own food and drink, but I heard from my mom that you might not be allowed to do that anymore. Her kids she teaches were saying that the guards took away their snacks. I don't know if this is true, it's just what I heard.