iPad 2... coming very soon...

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by RedOctober25, Mar 2, 2011.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just wondering if anyone was going to rush out and buy one next week? ; I am most likely getting one (just got to determine which size and 3g or regular). ; I'm a little disappointed that there's no usb or SD slot, ; but wasn't expecting too much to change overall from original.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

2. gary

gary Member

i have never actually seen an ipad, well maybe one time, but just from the general descriptions, and from where i sit as the new owner of a mac air, if they were to load up the ipad too much, wouldn't it end up being too close a competitor to their own product? esp since apple seems to be really aiming dead on at the don't want or need too heavy/big a laptop, but a netbook doesn't quite do it crowd. they got me!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I guess that is true. ; The use of an SD slot or usb port would just make it easier to offload photos without needing to carry around an extra adapter. ; And the same goes for being able to add a portable hard drive without having to "jailbreak" the iPad. ; It's definitely not enough to keep me away, but would have been nice. ; Hopefully someone will come up with better solution so I don't have to travel with my laptop all the time when I head to Disney and beyond.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

4. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

One thing that I've found very usefull for an iPad is it makes a dandy photo gallery/portfolio device.

At a wedding I was at about 5 months ago, the photographer passed on his memory cards to his wife/girlfriend/significant other, who dumped them first into the iPad. After some quick selections, she made up a slide show just as dinner was finishing. She went up to the bride and groom and showed them the pictures. It quickly grew into a crowd and was a smashing success (judging by the number of business cards they were giving away).

The IQ was stunning and a lot less bulkier than a laptop (which they also used...). Just something to expand possible horizons...

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I have a 1st Gen iPad which I absolutely Love. Will not get the 2nd gen but will wait for 3rd version instead. That is where the major upgrades will come (Most likely Retina Display, larger capacity, greater MP cameras, etc).

; I can honestly say when the original iPad was first announced, I thought there was no way I would ever own one of these as I just didn't see the point. Well I was wrong. Being a Photographer, this device comes in so handy when out doing a photo shoot. I am able to use it as a Digital Portfolio (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pad-folio/id404642124?mt=8) to show my clients my work, I can create invoices & e-mail them to my customers on the spot (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quick-sale-for-ipad/id364905884?mt=8), access my Business accounts (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chase-mobile/id370697773?mt=8); this is just to mention a few things.

; This doesn't even take into account having your Address Book available, Scheduling photo shoots on the go, access to the many reference guide apps available; it is limitless what can be done with the iPad. This device has really helped me in ways I could never have imagined.

; I typically like to set my iPad to paly a slide show from my Portfolio app while I am shooting so my clients can see my work. I say this because I do a lot of youth team sports pictures.

The "iPAD ROCKS" ; :-*

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just waiting a couple of more weeks for the new iPad to come in. ; Looking forward to using for both photography and everything else. ; I ended up getting the 32gb 3G model in white (to match my macbook).