Jason and Billy (and Greg) - The End of an Era

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by ddindy, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The Disney bean counters are laying off yet another favorite entertainment group. Jason Thomas posted this on the Jason and Billy / Billy and Jason Facebook group:

Scat Cat's club is changing! Details are still sketchy, but Scat Cat's, as we know it, will soon be changing into "Beignet Central"!! Scat Cat's Club will be moving into the space previously empty, before that, a restaurant, over by the player piano. Renovations are underway!

I'm very sorry to have to announce that, as part of these changes, there will be new entertainment coming to the "new" club, most likely a Dixieland jazz band. As it stands right now, Jason, Billy and Greg will be ending our four-year Scat Cat's run Sunday night, Sept. 29. We will be planning a big farewell party - details soon! Please make your plans to come and see us at the current Scat Cat's, before we're both gone!​

Thanks to @ExploringWDW for alerting me to this disappointing news. I wish I had taken the time to go see them a couple of weeks ago when I was at WDW.

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sad to see them go. I hope they find another gig quickly. Perhaps the bar they’ve been playing at on Fridays will pick them up for additional nights.

However I think it’s unfair to pin this on the bean counters since there is a replacement in the works. A Dixieland jazz group will require more than two musicians which can be argued as an upgrade of sorts.

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Fair point. With luck, they'll be back with the Voyageurs and maybe a few Alberta Bound gigs will pop up. Otherwise, we'll just have to watch Bookface to see if they find anything.

mSummers likes this.
  4. gary

gary Member

while i too am saddened by this news, in all fairness, yes many of the disney changes seem to be made by bean counters, when it comes to live entertainment there seems a different something happening, regular changes of live music, in many various configurations, and quite a few types, which one could argue keeps a fresh aspect to disney trips, it's not the same old thing, especially since very few visit more frequently than 5 year intervals, which would mean a whole new menu of live each and every trip.

5. ayesell

ayesell Member

The older one gets, the more change is hard to embrace.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i'm still waiting for the damn Lights of Winter to come back.

mSummers likes this.
  7. gary

gary Member

and you kids get off my lawn