Pixelmania West - Christmas 2023

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Dec 29, 2022.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

December 3 was a Sunday, the day that the locals who have to work Monday through Friday probably swamped the candy cane queue. Let's hope there are not as many people there on weekdays.
    They didn't say why they waited until 9 am to join the virtual queue. The flyer says "Once the mobile waitlist is activiated" which implies it may not be activated when guests are admitted to the park.

2. gary

gary Member

The all week weather forecast looks great

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3. ddindy

Just be prepared for the rapid temperature drop after 2 pm. It could be 50 when we head to the parks in the morning and when we leave at night. Layers are the style of the week.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  4. I'm here in Southern California and I'm living the layered life for sure. There is very cool breeze blowing in off the Pacific and it really causes temperatures to drop in the early morning and evening. Meanwhile, during the day, you are broiling in the heat of the Sun, which is very strong here.

It's definitely different than what you experience on the East Coast.

5. gary

gary Member

1 fleece, 1 fleece lined light hoodie, 1 light north face jacket, i think i am good, oh and 1 watch cap and a pair of gloves in the suitcase in case the trip back home arrives on a cold new england night. the jamaica lirr platforms are all out in the wind

6. ddindy

Friendly reminder: If you haven't already done so, change your camera back to eastern time before your holiday photo binge.

gary and mSummers like this.
  7. gary

gary Member

good reminder, i had not done that, but again like many pixelmania's, i am taking a break from the camera

8. gary

gary Member

ok pixel maniac west crew, where did i take this?? was this in pirates??, it was taken tuesday 12/12 at 8:59 pm, the next shots were all in haunted mansion

[​IMG]

9. ddindy

I had to dig through my notes to jog my memory. We had a FastPass for Big Thunder but it was down, so we went to the Tiki Room followed by Jungle Cruise. You took the photo in the Jungle Cruise queue. Shortly after we entered the queue, there is an area on our right that has that rope fencing around it that you can see on the right. I remember seeing that gasoline-powered machete and the chess board with pieces made out of whatever junk that the skippers could scrounge. After the cruise we took photos on bridge above the dock then rode Haunted Mansion using the BIg Thunder FastPass.