Pixelmania West - Christmas 2023

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

@Nancy AK Welcome to the club. Forever let us hold our banner high! (High, high high.)

3. ddindy

Another dining option for DCA:

Festive Foods Marketplace
    Celebrate holiday tastes and spirited libations at this seasonal smorgasbord of multicultural and diverse cuisine—from November 10, 2023 to January 7, 2024.

Nancy AK likes this.
  4. ddindy

Thursday is the big day: Tickets and park reservations!

I bought my ticket a few weeks ago, so I've been making my park reservations one day at a time since Sunday. I've had no problems doing that.

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  5. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  6. I would bet yes but will wait until we get closer to the trip dates to figure out the date for Zoom meeting.

I'm thinking we'll decide when that Disneyland Pixelmania Zoom will be scheduled at the very beginning of October, before everybody starts to travel down for the October WDW PIXELMANIA.

I'm thinking that our next Disneyland Pixelmania Zoom meeting will probably be at the end of October after everybody gets back from Walt Disney World Pixelmania... But that's just a guess on my part right now without looking at the timeline for making dining reservations.

We also have to post about how we made out with our dining reservation tasks. So we'll post information about how successful we have been for that after it's time to make those reservations.

I hope that makes sense. I think @ddindy will weigh in and will be able to tighten up the timeline on when he thinks that Zoom meeting should be..

7. ddindy

We will very likely talk about it during Original Pixelmania.
    December park hours will start to show up on October 30, so maybe Friday November 3 would be a good date - we should have hours for the full week by then..

Nancy AK, gary and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  8. gary

gary Member

i will link my disneyland ticket as soon as i purchase it later today or tomorrow, i am currently going to bed, been up since 4 am with a really nasty motor vehicle accident

9. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Since my ticket can’t be linked. You can just add my name when making reservations. Thank you

10. ddindy

Here is what I have for who is making which dining reservations. Let me know if I have anything wrong.

Sunday Dec. 10 Trader Sam's 6 pm - Joanie
    Monday Dec. 11 Carthay Circle 1 pm - Dennis
    Tuesday Dec. 12 Holiday Time tour 4:15 pm : Dennis
    Wednesday Dec. 13 World of Color dessert party 9:15 pm - Joanie
    Friday Dec. 15 Jazz Kitchen 6 pm - Dennis

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  11. gary

gary Member

Michael called me last night, he will be joining us in disneyland

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Nancy AK like this.
  12. ddindy

Two "new" dining experiences are opening at Disneyland:

August 31 - The Pacific Wharf area in DCA which resembled the docks of Monterey has been rethemed to the rememble the fictional city of San Fransokyo, home of Big Hero 6. It's still basically a food court, but it looks more like the Japan-influenced version of San Francisco from the film. The menus seem to be doing an American/Japanese/Mexican fusion sort of thing.

September 7 - The French Market in New Orleans Square has received a makeover and is now Tiana's Palace from Princess and the Frog. The menu is loaded with Disney-fied New Orleans cuisine.

Update: Disney Parks posted a video giving us a preview of the interior and the food.

I'm looking forward to trying both of them in December. That's also two more movies I need to re-watch.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  13. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Dennis, thanks for sharing. I need to get Disney Plus

14. gary

gary Member

well, let the airline games begin, i just received a flight change notice from american, my 8:47 am 2 leg that would get me into jfk at 7:18 is no more, they have moved me to the nonstop at 1:42 pm, arriving jfk at 10 pm. this isn't the horror show it could have been, trains run every 30 minutes to ronkonkoma now, so i could possibly be home by 1 am. my only other options on american are a 2 hop that leaves 7:45 am, a slightly over 1 hour layover in ohare, and lands in newark at 6:10, this means an extra 25.00 in train costs, figure getting my bags and monorail and train to ny, then downstairs to long island railroad, it's possible i'd be home by 10:30, not sure what i want to do yet. the nonstop has the advantage of being 1 flight of 5 1/2 hour duration. storyline to be continued

15. gary

gary Member

ok, more airline adventures, i just changed my flight to the 7:45 departure that has a plane change in o'hare, with slightly over an hour to do that, and i now land in newark at 6:01 pm. it wasn't my most desirable option, but it is a lot better than not getting into jfk until after 10 pm. with any kind of travel luck my o'hare flight will be on time, and it won't take too long to get my bag or bags, not sure yet if a 1 or 2 bag trip. then if the travel gods love me, the first class bags will be the first ones on the carousel, they are with alaska air, if i had known i was going to end up through newark, i would have done the whole trip on alaska air, out of newark. but if the gods love dorothy's boy, then i will get my bags fast, walk onto the air train platform in time for a monorail to pull in, get off and go down onto the ny bound platform and within 5 a train to ny penn pulls in, i get off in penn, go down to the long island railroad level and there is no line for a ticket machine, and within 30 minutes i am on a train to ronkonkoma, with luck it is the 8:03 train arrives ronkonkoma at 9:20 and by 10:30 pm i am in my house. hey, it could happen, it has before. the only thing it impacts is now i might have to get an earlier shuttle from the candy cane to sna than the rest of the group

16. ddindy

@gary I can usually get through five days at Disneyland with a single large suitcase. However, given the possibility of cool and/or wet weather in December, I may need to add a second small suitcase.

We have flights leaving at 7:45,8:20 and 9:05 am (unless something else changes. I'm not sure how ABC Shuttle reservatoins work (because we have to call them to make reservations), but we could tell them that we all have 7:45 flights and take the same shuttle, there by saving them two extra trips to Candy Cane.

Nancy AK likes this.
  17. gary

gary Member

what time you think abc will want to do the pickup??

18. ddindy

If ABC uses the same formula that SuperShuttle used in 2018, plan on a 5 am pickup for a 7:45 flight. That was way too early (the Southwest bag check didn't open until 6), but I had no say in the matter.

19. gary

gary Member

maybe we can get them for 5:30

20. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Is the ABC Shuttle just for SNA ? I’m thinking Uber/Lyft to Long Beach? Any thoughts?