POTD = Characters

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by BB3126, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes you get lucky!

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shot!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice shot Scott. ; That really captures her character.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Yes, very crisp colors. ;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Excellent shot Scott! ; There was a time when the world would stop for Mulan, but now my daughter is off to other things. ; I miss those days!

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

Wow, these are great. I really have to start taking more character portraits. Maybe another Pixelmania discussion topic?

Erich

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Sure...wonder how much it costs to have a private session with a character?

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

In July 2011 there was a three-part series of blogs on StudiosCentral.com that described everything you need to know about private parties at the Studios. ; The cost to add characters to certain parties was $900 for one, $1,350 for two or $1,800 for three, over and above the cost of the venue and food. ; Start saving those pennies!

Blog part 1
    Blog part 2
    Blog part 3

Of course, the cheaper alternative is to find a character that has no line and can spend a lot of time with you. ; They're rare, but can be found.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

At the halloween party on sunday night (prior to pixelmania), the villans that were meeting and greeting in the hub had no lines what so ever. ; When I got a photo with Gaston, Walked right up. ; Jafar, two people ahead of me and no one behind. ; Lady Tremaine was the only one with a bit of a line, but only because they were chatting with each guest for two to three minutes each (and even then it was only a ten minute wait max). ; Typically it is just the Princesses, Fairies and Mickey that have long wait times. ; Ive had no problems anywhere else. ; That would make for a nice meet for PM2K12 though. ; I think PIxelMania is starting to plan itself out again. ;

One Idea for a Character shoot (depending on how many would show up) is at the private Disney Visa Meet and Greet at Epcot. ; Three to four characters too ourselves for 10-15 minutes. ; When I surprised my dad for his birthday, they were going to let all 10 of us go in at one time. ; So, with multiple cardholders in the group, we could have a tips meet inside innovations, then break into groups for the photo shoot.

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

15. ELinder

ELinder Member

If we could somehow arrange a character session, I'd prefer it be a person, not a full character costume such as Mickey. Posture, facial expressions, PP skin tones and smoothing, blemish removing, etc., all things that would be missing. Perhaps we could get a short block of time during a normal character greet session outside so the background is park-like and not studio-like.

Erich

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I agree with Erich. ; A face character would be more photography related. ; Any of the Princesses would do (and I suppose princes, too). ; :D ; Epcot World Showcase seems to be a good place to find them but they are never alone.

17. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Sounds like an ADR at Akershus would be in order. ; Should we try it in December, Scott?

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Jealous! ; I wish I was going back that soon! ; I vote for yes anyway!

19. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Pocahontas would be great as a face character.

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

On a whim, I called Disney. ; The operator I talked to said the only way to have a private meet-n-greet was to book a convention room, cater a meal and pay for the character fee ($$$$$). ; One would have assumed that you could meet in the park privately for just the character fee... Guess not. ; Looks like we have to take over a meet-n-greet line to do this (or cozy up to a Character Wrangler CM).