POTD: Dinosaurs!

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Jeff Fillmore, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

This thread is only here to help combat the lack of dinosaur images elsewhere on TMIP. ; Bonus points for anything Disney but does not have to be. ; Now show me some Dinosaurs please.

I'll start- Raaaar.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mousefan

mousefan Member

Got this one trying to escape from the Museum.

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Very nice Mousefan! ; Now come on- I know some more people have Dino pics to share.

[​IMG]

4. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Okay, Jeff. ; You're a hard act to follow and it's embarassing posting right after you, but here's the same guy from another angle with another little dinosaur friend in the background. ; Maybe I'll try it again when I go back in November and see if I can get it right this time. :)

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Looks good to me Roni. ; Thanks for sharing!

6. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

It's about time we had a thread like this. ; It really was becoming an issue that called for a proactive approach. ; Thanks for starting the thread, Jeff.

No dinosaur images to share for right now, but I do have this interesting tidbit to share; when I was applying to colleges, a university out in California (can't remember which one) listed "Dinosaur Club" as one of its student activities. ; I figured something was up, so I did a little research and found out that dinosaurs were just a pretense to get money to fund parties. ;

Similarly, a lot of my friends went to MSU; one time I went up there and we went to one of their "ski club" parties. ; The ski club got university funding despite having little (if anything) to do with skiing. ; They spent most of the money on kegs. ; They were also, somehow, sponsored by Monster Energy drinks.

okay...back to your regularly scheduled dinosaur programming.

7. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

You 'researched' these parties you say? ; Sounds good. ; (Insert 'drinking' emocon here)

8. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Couldn't quite do that type of 'research' but the concept did give me the idea to do the same at my university. ; Unfortunately, small conservative schools (with dry campuses) aren't conducive to funding dinosaur clubs. ; I still did plenty of independent research, but none with the power and support of the mighty dinosaurs behind me...

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Must find time to research the archives...I may not have posted any to my site....

10. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Way too many Dinosaur-less posts in a row. ; *sigh* ; ;)

[​IMG]

11. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Okay all this talk about Dinosaurs is making me hungry. ; Think I might take a trip here, and bring the camera with me. ; Thanks for the inspiration, Jeff! ;) ; Too bad you guys couldn't meet me there! ; If anyone wants to come...just sign up on the bullsheet. :D

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

12. Roger

OMG Jeff you just reminded me...

PRIMEVAL WORLD! ; LAND OF THE DINOSAURS![nb]He shouts on the train.[/nb]

[​IMG]

13. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Roni- Looks great- Maybe this thread is a good reason for me to finally try the T-Rex Cafe too?

Roger- Excellent- you went from nothing to six dinosaurs in one picture! ;

...now if Tom would just contribute something other than his drinking stories. ; ::)

14. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

...fine...

[​IMG]

...wait, did you mean something actually dinosaur related?

Here are a couple:
    [​IMG]

...and my favorite Disney Dinos:
    [​IMG]

Clicking any of the above images takes you to their Flickr pages.

15. Paul

Paul Member

a dino from the station.....

16. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

From the Pixelmania point & shoot meet[nb]Disclaimer: ; the photo was NOT taken with a P&S![/nb]:

[​IMG]

Click the pic for Flickr.

17. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Good stuff guys-

Tom I love the Gertie picture- here is a shot of her I have. (pre-Flickr)

[​IMG]

18. Roger

[​IMG]

None of the Gertie clone wearing shades yet?[nb]Shouldn't talk. ; I NEVER even ventured into that part of the park. ; Ever.[/nb]

19. Paul

Paul Member

another gertie

20. Paul

Paul Member

Fossil Fueler