POTD - Vinylmation!

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by jbwolffiv, Oct 13, 2010.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That one came on top of a box, so you knew you were getting that one and the box was a mystery.

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm anxiously waiting for the new Abraham Lincoln vinylmation figure. ; I believe it is a chaser for the new Holidays series (Abe being President's Day).

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

You are correct about being a chaser, yet I think it is for Park #6, with it being a ref. to the Disneyland attraction, but I could be wrong there.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Mirror Mirror

Attached Files:

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

The Gov

Attached Files:

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

A snow Mickey!

Attached Files:

7. Paul

Paul Member

Just how many of these do you have John? ; Tell the truth! ; ;D

I think we need to see a group shot of them all.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I honestly don't know the exact amount, but somewhere near 100!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

A shot from my college buddy's collection. ; He customized a couple of vinyls from the Star Wars line after seeing it done online. ; Really just a matter of buying the four vinyls then swapping heads.[​IMG]

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool! ; I hope to get some SW Vinyls next week! ; Never thought of that idea!

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Had a little too much time on my hands the other day...
    [​IMG]

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yep, looks that way! ; I am at WDW dropping a lot of coin on these things!

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

From our visit to Chef Mickey's this morning!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That is a cool idea. ; Never even thought of doing that. ; I am assuming that it is a nine inch vinyl figure? ; Also, how do you store your figures?

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yep, it is a 9" one, at $40 it was not cheap, but wife and daughter loved the idea. ; We have some of our 3" ones on a shelf in our living room and the rest are in my daughter's room. ; They are great dust collectors!

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Yes, very good dust collectors. I think i have finally found online ( and just have to get to the stor to buy) a Flambeau Tackle Case (T9007?) that is supposedly 3"x2-5/8"x3-?/? per slot and has 18 or so slots. ; I hope they fit as it would be nice to have a storage case i could tuck them away in when not displayed. ; Then it is just a matter of finding a nice small case to take to the parks for trading.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I finally got around to buying that case at Hobby Lobby (an arts and crAfts store). ; You can easily fit two characters into each bin and three (depending on character) snugly if necessary. ; You would be required to take apart any long necked figures, but that would not be too bad. ; So I figure you can get about 40 to 60 vinyls per case ($20 regular, cheaper if on sale). ; I will post photos as soon as tapatalk will let me.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The full case...
    [​IMG]

Set in as doubles...
    [​IMG]

Moved around to make the slots a triple...
    [​IMG]

As you can see in the middle of the last photo, because Boba Fett has his Jet Pack on, only two characters can fit inside this slot.

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool! ; Might need to get me one of those! ; I see you bought the ice cube tray!

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The only problem with theice cube tray is that the ears a very fragile and hard to get out of the mold without breaking. ; They look very cool floating in the glass though (will have to remember to take a photo next time). ; I also recently saw that someone was selling ice cube trays for R2D2 and Han in Carbonite. ; I am half tempted to get those also.