Random POTD Thread

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ColleenMarie, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Are there Photo of the Day threads already started on this forum?

I would love to share my photos, and am always looking for a reason.

Photo of the Day is more like a game but is also another way for each of us to see what everyone else shoots...the idea is to post one picture a day. Keep it relevent to the forum you start the thread on and show me whatcha got. The other idea is not to let the thread die. I seriously want to see and share some photos and this is a fun way to do it.

Since this is the Magic Kingdom forum,
    I will show you all a photo I took one day in the Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]

~and tomorrow I will come back and share another...and another...and another...

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Re: ColleenMarie's POTD Thread

Great Shot Colleen! I love the Orange coloring that is present this time of year on Main Street. I also like Boo!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Thanx PM!

Boo got to go with me since she already had her costume ;D

You got one from Magic Kingdom to share?

I think I could burn summore color into the sky area,

or do like who posted the China redo and put in a whole new sky :)

4. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I'm baaack, with today's Magic Kingdom Picture of the Day

[​IMG]

5. Scott

Scott Member

When you write "Photo of the Day" (POTD), I always think of the contests that some web sites have where they pick a photo and display it on the homepage for that day. That's probably different than what you were thinking.

Here's an idea for a game (or "challenge") based on what we sometimes informally do on this forum. One person picks a Disney World subject, for example, "Monorail". Then everyone goes through their files and posts their one best picture of the Monorail. After a week or so (one day is not enough time), the person who suggested the topic gets to pick the best picture. Whoever took the picture gets to pick the next subject. Any thoughts?

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

works for me!

7. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Your idea is cool too Scott!

The one other game I've played that's kinda cool is the first person pics a photo and the next has to take an element from that photo and post one of there own. For ex: If I post a photo of the castle with the moat view the next person can post a picture with "water" in it.

8. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

This sounds like fun. How do we start?

9. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

I like the idea of a POTD thread... but I think it would be cool to have a POTD thread that covers all Disney parks and resorts across the world. Whether it be Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland or Hong Kong Disneyland or any of their respective resorts - it's nice to see what else is out there sometimes besides WDW. And if it isn't obvious, maybe give a brief description of what and where it is. Of course, WDW pictures would be welcome too, and rightfully so, considering WDW is the most visited tourist destination in the world. Anyone up for that?

I'll make my POTD one from my August 2008 trip to Disneyland. This is the Remember... Dreams Come True fireworks as seen from Tomorrowland. As much as I love "Wishes!", I personally don't think it compares to this show. It is, IMHO, the best fireworks show out there. The soundtrack to this show is incredible!

[​IMG]

10. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

I'm so confused. I hope I didn't just hijack ColleenMarie's POTD thread. :-\

11. molander

molander Member

I'm a little confused, too. Isn't this what people do anyway? However, here at TMIP, things seem to be a bit more specific.... or more categorized. For example, Scott posted one about the tiger in AK and then more tiger pictures appeared from other photographers in that thread. When you look at the main board index, you see AK and then specific topics related to AK. In other words, people ARE posting a picture a day (or maybe more), under a certain park, just with specific categories rather than one long, continuous thread.

I think I'm missing something.

I love any idea that encourages more picture posting from these TMIP photographers because 1) the talent level is amazing and 2) we all love Disney pictures! So I'm with you, ColleenMarie, I'm just a bit fuzzy on the actual goal!

Margaret

12. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

You can join in here by posting any Magic Kingdom photo from any Disney Park...or start your own game thread...each forum here could have its own - alls it takes is someone to start it.

Your pic is gorgeous Joe! No you didn't hijack~I welcome any and all posts on threads I start...I am just looknig to make it fun.

I guess if I wanted to do a pic a day, I should actually come by and post every day :D

Molander...it's just me thinking out loud. I see all the posting possibilites on the forum, just wanted to see if anyone one interested in making a game out of it.

Today I'll do one from Disneyland California's Magic Kingdom~

It's the loading area for Space Mountain

[​IMG]

13. molander

molander Member

Oh.. OK. I was trying to make it too complicated!

I presently only have Disney photos taken with not-so-great cameras and no photography knowledge but I'll play anyway. This is one taken in Disneyland back in 2002 with a Sony Mavica that recorded pictures on a FLOPPY DISK! Hahahaha!

[​IMG]

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

WOW! You have fun with that generous 1.44 mb of storage. Don't use it all at once!

15. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

One for today... from Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean:

[​IMG]

16. molander

molander Member

Ah, yes... but at the time I thought it was UNLIMITED storage because I could carry a million disks around in the camera bag! This was an upgrade from some Kodak fixed focus with NO removable storage which took pictures about as well as my cell phone.

17. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

:)

A sight I'd love to see right now...It's t.t.too c.c.c.coooold here

[​IMG]

18. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Marie, I love your first shot in the thread, of Roy and Minnie with the fall decor in the background!

Here is mine for day, just a simple Castle shot:
    [​IMG]

Clicking on the picture will take you to its Flickr page, where you can download a full size version, navigate to other pictures, or access my EXIF data.

19. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Thank you :)

I went on that trip with a Nikon D80. Great camera but a little heavier than my D40. You have some gorgeous stuff in your album. Seriously, gorgeous. Next trip I am determined to suck it up and take a real tripod with me. I've tried handheld, trash cans and monopods - nothing beats the clarity of a good, steady shot. wow. 8)

20. JoePenniston

JoePenniston Member

As a side note ColleenMarie, did you noticed this thread got moved to its own forum? So it's not really in the Magic Kingdom forum anymore... should it be open to all parks and resorts?