Screen Grab of the MGM Studios Giant Hidden Mickey

Discussion in 'Hidden Mickeys' started by JeremyES, Aug 30, 2008.

1. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

I know a lot of us know about this amazing Hidden Mickey that is only visible from above the Park. I've heard about it, but never saw it until I stumbled across old footage from when MGM Studios first opened. (I know the name change and all, but the image is from MGM days).

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Somebody had WAY too much time on their hands. "NO YOU CANT PUT A BATHROOM THERE! IT WILL RUIN MICKEY'S NOSE!" ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

The thought process that goes into building these parks is simply amazing.

4. Does the hat kind of crew up the mouth or is it far enough back that it fits in?

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

the hat is where the nose would be.

6. Oh duh. Youre right. You would think I would know that...guess I need to go back! 96 days!!!!

7. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

The face is still visible on Google Maps, but its becoming more abstract. Trees are covering his eyes, the hat replaced his nose, and the paint from his left ear (on the building roof) is gone. Still, this is the insane level of detail that makes WDW my favorite place.

This photo is from Google Maps.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have always heard of this HM, now I can see it, thanks!!!!!1

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yep...I've driven by it, but you can't tell what it is from ground level!

11. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

that's awesome! I never heard of that, thanks for sharing!!!

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I actually have seen the one Dennis points out, but must admit I had never heard of the one @ MGM / DHS. Very Cool. This further proves why WDW is my favorite place to visit. Attention to deail by the Disney Imagineers.

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I knew of the DHS one, but not that off site one. ; I presume that must be a Disney owned piece of property. ; Does anyone know for sure?

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

From what I've heard...it's not Disney owned property. ; It's not that close to the parks - a bit west and south. ; Coming up from Okeechobee and Sebring I passed that way a few years ago, just to see if I could figure out what it was. ; Appeared to be a weedy field with a crappy fence around it...probably some ex-farmer's field...someone must have decided to have some fun with it. ; I don't know for sure...but that was the rumor when I asked around.