Time to change your clock

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by ddindy, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

D700. ; Will investigate more. ; That info came from a Nikon webpage I found. I probably don't have it turned on.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

So my camera (D7000) was already set to DST. ; Now I wonder if all my shots between October and now have been off by an hour or the camera took care of that. ;

OK, just looked at some shots nad yep, they are all off by about an hour, oh well

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

My D700 DST setting is ON but I still had to change my clock as it did not not change last weekend. I have the latest D700 firmware version A/B 1.02. I will have to watch it to see if it updates next weekend (the old Spring ahead date).

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The DST setting in my D300 just advances the clock one hour when I turn it on, then sets it back when I turn it off. ; It is not an "automatically change the clock" type of setting that you can leave on year-round.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

So I hope you can come back to this thread in the fall and remind us all again?

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

Hm, OK, so I guess it's possible for the last 6 months my pics have been an hour off, and it's a coincidence that it's correct now. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :D

7. ddindy

Assuming I remember, I will bump the thread in November.

At one time, I ended up with several hundred shots with the wrong time in them. ; In the process of correcting them, I learned a lot about how the time and date are stored in the image file and how to change them. ; Fortunately, EXIFToolGUI and ; EXIFTool make the corrections a lot easier.

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

9. ddindy

Time to wake the dead again. ; Be sure to change the time in your camera this weekend. ; Nikon SLR users have it easy: go to the Tools (wrench) menu, World Time, and set Daylight Saving Time to ON.

10. Craig

Thanks. I forget every time!

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Good call (and holy necropost)... ; I always forget to change the clocks on my cameras!

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yup, I would have forgotten too. Er, they also still said copyright 2013. ; :-[

Erich

13. ddindy

Good catch, Erich. ; I guess I'll have to add a New Year's post after Christmas.

14. ddindy

It's that time of year again: Be sure to change the time in your camera this weekend. Nikon SLR users have it easy: go to the Tools (wrench) menu, World Time, and set Daylight Saving Time to OFF.

Craig likes this.
  15. Craig

thanks Dennis!

16. ddindy

Sorry I missed this yesterday, but it may not be too late: Be sure to change the time in your camera now that DST is in effect. Nikon SLR users have it easy: go to the Tools (wrench) menu, World Time, and set Daylight Saving Time to ON.

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Dennis! Waiting for my new camera body to come in the mail (expected ship date is 3-19) so I will need your reminder in November. I love that this thread goes back to 2010!

18. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You got me again.... have to change them tomorrow.

19. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Still haven't changed mine - I even shot on Sunday without remembering to change the time (as usual). Maybe I can remember when I get home tonight to change them both so I'll have it right by the weekend when I'm out shooting again!

20. ddindy

Once again it's time for that annual stupidity known as "change your clocks so we all have to drive home from work in the dark." Don't forget to change the clock in your camera(s) as you go around the house making adjustments this weekend.