What will the weather be like?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ty, May 2, 2006.

1. Ty

Ty Member

I was just wondering what the weather will be like in September for my trip? ; I was also wondering what the weather has been like when you visitied Disney in either California or Orlando?

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Well I am not quite sure what the weather will be like in September, but I can probably be safe to say...warm.

Our first trip to Disney World was in January...it was so cold...well cold to the locals. ; It only got up to like 20 C a few days while we were there. ; It was one of the coldest Januarys they had in a long time. ; While we went to Typhoon Lagoon in 15 C weather, the locals all had the heat blasting and their parkas, gloves, hats, the works. ; THey all thought we were crazy. ; They all certainly knew that we weren't from Florida. ; The evenings got really chilly too. No shorts that trip.

The the second trip we went at the end of March. ; I would have to say it was comfortable temp wise. ; We wore shorts and tanks in the day and then at night it would cool down, so the sweat shirt or jeans would come out. ; It wasn't bad at all. ; I found it a bit cool, but FH didn't.

This time when we go, I hope that we get the warm weather, that I have been dreaming about. ; I love heat. ; Maybe not too much, but I can just soak it all up. ; I just love wearing summery clothes. ; I am going to pack lots so it better be warm in three weeks.

3. disneyfreak

disneyfreak Member

We went in September last year. ; it was HOT! ; Not sure where you live or which location you will pick...and not trying to discourage you from going to WDW but....it is hurricane season in orlando in september. ; We went for our honeymoon and almost had to cancel because there were 2-3 hurricanes that had just hit and one predicted to hit while we were there. ; We left on the day that the airport opened back up. ; it turned out to be a blessing because the parks were not busy at all. ; Don't let the hurricane season prevent you from planning a trip there though because, it is unpredictable weather, Disney is supposed to be great to deal with for accommodations and it is low season which means it isn't as busy. ; I am so glad that we ended up going. ; It was quite muggy but you can always duck into an airconditioned store when you get too hot.

As for WDL, it should still be warm but maybe not too hot. ; I'll see how it is in October this year but am not sure about September....

4. Treelo

Treelo Member

My first trip to WDW was in September... it was hot, but about the same as August in Toronto (if that's any help to you)... say low to mid 30s and humid. ; Plus there was the rain (it didn't rain all the time we were there, but when it rained, you knew it meant it!).

But, the parks were relatively empty... hardly any lines to speak of! ; And from what I've read over the years, WDW is a peach to deal with if a hurricane hits Orlando in terms of courtesy offerings and compensation.

I will say this... we had some tense moments on the way back. ; This was 1998, while Georges was wandering between South Florida and Mississippi (second worst storm that season... although luckily it didn't hit central Florida with more than the outer edges)... our flight had to make an unscheduled 3 hour layover and then re-route to try to get around the storm... we ended up getting home about 6 hours later than we expected. ; The seasons have gotten significantly worse since then, and the experts are predicting this season will be worse and longer than last season... so although Disney's a peach to deal with, and folks in Florida are well versed in hurricane prep, and airlines make every effort to ensure that their passengers and planes are safe, you might want to take it into consideration, since it may mean delays and/or a shortened or extended trip.