Anyone else getting random 404 errors when entering the forum?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by ELinder, Feb 1, 2014.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Followed this link using my ipad mini... Through tapatalk into safari and got the 404 error. ; (Keep in mind I do usually just use the tapatalk interface as is).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Never mind... Was acting weird though, but won't add fuel to the fire. ; Looks like it might be fixed/resolved.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Third post's the charm... If it didn't resolve itself for Eric, I think I might know where the problem is. ; It looks like the ipad is directing the link to the mobile version, which then gets the 404 Error. ; So the issue is in that version of the site. ; Does the site use java or flash (have had issues on other sites with that)?

[​IMG]

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

Thanks for trying it. Feels good to not be alone. :)

I mentioned the mobile site version possibility at the beginning.

Erich

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It does look like it is the mobile site initially, then upon subsequent clicks it goes back to the desktop version. ; Because after refreshing the page, it went to the forums as usual. ; Annoying, but easy enough to get around. ; Just a matter of refreshing the page and moving on.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I will investigate this issue later on tonight. ; Thanks for bringing it to light.

7. Tim

I updated the wp-touch plugin in wordpress. ; please try again and see if it words better. ; it mentioned that there were changes due to iOS7.

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

Sorry Tim, still does the same thing.

Erich

9. Tim

it looks like something is going wonky with the Tapatalk plugin as the "mobiquo" folder is from the Tapatalk application. ; I will have to check into this. ;

10. gary

gary Member

lassie to defcon 3.

11. Tim

Please try it again and let me know.
    I changed the mobile theme to one that doesn't render on the iPad, thinking there was no need for that. ; I also set the theme to disregard the /forum folder so this should hopefully clear things up. ;

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Partially. Www.themagicinpixels.com gets me to the main page without errors other than the usual stupid Apple non-Flash stuff.

But www.themagicinpixels.com/forum/ gives me a different error page. As before closing Safari and using the same link then works OK. The first time it's looking for something in the cache or cookies and gets confused if it doesn't find it.

Erich

Attached Files:

13. Tim

There was a MINOR update to the Tampa talk plugin that I just installed. ; Please try again and report back.

14. ELinder

ELinder Member

That was it. It now correctly brings up the mobile do you want Tapatalk, then goes to the forum.

But now I can't log in using Safari. Posting this from Tapatalk.

Sorry I opened up a can of worms for you.

Erich

15. Tim

OK... ; please try it again now.

16. ELinder

ELinder Member

BINGO!!! ; :D

17. Tim

Thanks to the almighty.... ;

18. I'm sorry for that last post.
    It was cheesy and totally in keeping with my character.

I shall work harder to come up with something better... soon.
    Now where is that damn dog???

~Joanie

19. Ok, this is an actual picture of Lassie tech support for this forum. The reason service is so poor is because Tim will only pay him in Milkbones...

[​IMG]
    Collie Tech Support by cardboardboat2013, on Flickr

~Joanie