Oh what to do?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Grumpwurst, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Man,

I didn't realize there were so many different brands and prices for a 72mm filter. I have Tiffen and Sunpak on all my others. Just not sure what coating and i cannot find the boxes :(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

After much internal conflict on whether or not to purchase I pulled the trigger. After much appreciated advice this is what I got from B&H. Hopefully our wonderful webmaster will get the referral dollars for my purchase:

And this is what I bought on Saturday

3. Ray,

Are you loaded? Or have some fortune youre not telling us about? ;D

I see an expodisc on that list! I still want one of those..although Im doing okay with Auto WB this week.

Katie

4. Grumpwurst

I should point out that if you intend to make a purchase of camera equipment, and B&H can give you a price to your liking, click through the banner add on The Magic in Pixels. Tim will get some referral dollars for the purchase which helps support the running of this site.

Hopefully my purchase just bought a couple months of hosting

5. Grumpwurst

No, I'm not loaded. My wife and I are DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) and very light on debt (only our DVC and mortgage). So, I felt like I could swing it. Plus, my D80 will get to go to my wife so she can learn to shoot pictures too.

6. Grumpwurst

I know cost is a matter of prespective, but I spent less than it would've cost me to just get the body for the D700 and only slightly more than it will cost Tim to get the Canon 5D Mark II (body only).

I got a lot of stuff there.

In my purchase from B&H, all my accessories plus next day shipping cost me less than what I would've spent on Sales Tax if I had bought the camera/lens bundle from my local camera store.

So, that alone, really sells the awesomeness of B&H. I got to buy more stuff for the same amount of money I would've spent locally

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Congrats Ray! Now you need a UDMA CF reader to go with your Lexar!

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

AWESOME RAy!
    Congrats :)

9. Craig

I'm not sure what you'll love more, the d300
    or the 18-200!!

10. Grumpwurst

Crap!

It never dawned on me that my CF card reader won't work with it. I may have to run to BestBuy and pick on up or I won't be able to get my pictures off the camera while I'm at WDW this week

11. Craig

no big worries, the camera comes with a cable to connect to the computer directly to usb

12. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i have PLENTY of CF's for you to use if need be while we are there. Don't worry about it.

26gb should be enough to share...! Plus I have the copy device if need be.

13. Grumpwurst

Craig, you and ScottWDW have been raving about the 18-200mm for about as long as I've been a member of this board. I'm getting the lens for significantly cheaper since I'm buying it bundled with the camera body.

I know you said that this camera will not improve the pictures I'd be taking on comparison to my D80, but I hope that the extra price gets me some kind of benefit. PLus the new lens cannot hurt.

Now I'm thinking about leaving my 18-135mm kit lens that came with the D80 home and just put on the new 18-200mm

14. Craig

Don't give away too many of your cards to Ray just yet, I shot 12GB over 10 days and I shoot JPEG!!!
    ;D

15. Roger

Ray, IT WILL work. It just will be at the slower speeds, that's all. And I think the camera cable connection is lento.

16. Grumpwurst

That is what I love about our TMIP family....always willing to share :)

26GB is more than enough to share. Especially since I have a habit of dumping my pics every night. I think I've only once filled up 8GB in one day and that was a night of firework shots coupled with the Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo Musical. THat alone filled up 1 4GB card

I'm guessing the D300 will create larger RAW images than my D80

17. Grumpwurst

Roger,

pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean when you say the camera cable connection is lento?

18. Roger

Slightly larger dynamic range and better low light performance. Pro AF.

19. Roger

Lento means slow.

20. Roger

Yes. But 12 bit or 14 bit? Lossless compressed, uncompressed or compressed with poss. loss?

At least you'll have something to read on the plane.