Shots from Antietam

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by mSummers, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Deniz! It was a great morning. I've got a couple more I need to process. I'll post them when I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. goofy101

goofy101 Member

They are both beautiful but I especially like the second one

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks Goofy!

4. BB3126

BB3126 Member

wonderful shots, great composition and processing, the silver effect reminds me of what some of the photography majors were doing in the late 60's when I was in college. I have been to Antietam and it is a somber place to walk and comtemplate over.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks BB!

6. BB3126

BB3126 Member

I also play in an 1860's brass band and at least have gotten to hear exactly what the music would have sounded like

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Here's a couple more:

Bloody Lane:

[​IMG]

130th Pennsylvania Infantry:

[​IMG]

Burnside Bridge:

[​IMG]

8. BB3126

BB3126 Member

the bridge photo is awsome,

are you a Civil War Buff?

There are some great sites here in Georgia and around Atlanta

Ever been to Gettsburg?

9. goofmick

goofmick Member

Great shots!!

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Michael these shots are wonderful! That bridge shot is better with a little snow and ice, but it would be better with a lot more snow!

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks guys!

BB, I don't consider myself a Civil War Buff, but I do enjoy visiting the battlefields to take photos. Yes I've been to Gettysburg, but not recently.

Poly, I agree about the bridge needing more snow. We didn't get much to start with and it all melted before I had a chance to get over there to take pictures. The stuff you see in the photo that looks like snow was actually a very heavy frost. When I got there there was steam rising from the creek that was causing a heavy frost to form on everything within a few feet of the water's edge. I wish I had my macro lens with me because some of the frost formations were really cool.