SO..........what are you gonna buy next?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

good price. at this rate i might have to get one too.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nikon has come out with a 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom Nikkor Lens for $250 people are raving about. Might have to see what all the fuss is about soon. The VR is supposed to give you 3 stops hand held. Might be handy at WDW, eh? ;D

3. HW

HW Member

wow !! thats a great price. I have seen the non vr for 250 at worst buy. I may get this as of right now I only have the 18-135 kit lens that came with the d80

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Howie...here's some more info: Nikon 55-200 VR Lens

It was announced at the same time the D40X was. dpreview.com's D80..etc. forum has some great examples of people shooting with VR off and then on. The VR on results look magical in comparison. List price is 249.99 and are being reported as in stock at many online and retail locations as of last week.

5. HW

HW Member

thanx much appreciated

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

7. HW

HW Member

thanx again. what a major difference using vr

8. HW

HW Member

well in 2 weeks I got some back pay coming from the pension board so I am gonna get the Bigma

9. HW

HW Member

just ordered the 55-200 with VR.

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Enjoy! The VR is great! Slow shutter hand holding and sharper images all around.

11. Tim

congrats, howie...

12. HW

HW Member

TY Scottwdw and Tim. time to close the wallet for awhile now

13. gary

gary Member

we should start a pool on howie's next lens purchase, he's hooked, now nikon just needs to gaff and boat him
    i'll take 8 months from now

14. HW

HW Member

haha Gary. all my toy money is gone now so it will be awhile but next will be a flash. most likely the sb800

15. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I am trying sooo hard to work a deal on a 70-200/2.8vr right now. Just gotta get the guy who is buying my D70s to finish the deal. ::)

16. Tim

cool beans... good luck gdad. for a canon L in that config. it would be about 1600+/-

17. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

18. HW

HW Member

got a 4 gig SDHC today .. 49 at BB .. I can't believe how much memory prices have dropped

19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Let me know if it seems that the SDHC is slower in the D80. I've read that even the top of the line Extreme III SDHC cards are much slower than the 2GB SD cards.

20. HW

HW Member

I shot 6 raw in a row just like with the 2 gigers and it seemed just as fast shooting which of course it should and then I timed it emptying the buffer to the card and it was 10 seconds till I could shoot again. Now this test wasn't scientific in any way just using the second hand on watch to get approximate time
    I tried the same test with a 2 gig ultra2 and it was about 1 second faster emptying the buffer to the card