SO..........what are you gonna buy next?

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HW

HW Member

just got the SB600 flash. I think nikon sprinkles there cameras with crack cause I am hooked

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Agreed....I just got back from the camera store with some new goodies, but I have to go back and make an exchange. The contents of the box wasn't what I was buying....

I'll list my purchases when I get back

3. gary

gary Member

still holding 8 months in the howie lens purchase pool

course i've been doing canon crack for years so i know the feeling

4. HW

HW Member

LOL Gary. new lens is a ways off as I want a nice tele prime and we are talking major cash as you know. Is canon crack stronger than nikon crack ? oh and how is the trip going ?

5. gary

gary Member

having only tasted of the canon crack i have no basis for comparison, BUT i will say that the canon crack is mighty strong
    and we have been back from the med trip since 6/6, i just haven't been posting much because i've been busy editing and posting the 2500+ shots i came back with
    many of my galleries are up now on phanfare, link in signature below, i'm putting them up in cruise day order, complete with light commentary and classical music accompaniement
    i've got up to and including rome done, rest will have to wait until after next week, i leave tuesday for a few days camping with another retired police friend of mine, our annual bluegras festival trip to benton pa
    yeehaw, play me some gitar & mannerlin

6. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Well I sold my 18-200vr yesterday and bought the Nikkor 28-70/2.8- to go with the 70-200/2.8vr. :D

7. HW

HW Member

am glad to see someone spending more then me. I bet both them lenses are sweet. enjoy

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Decided to resurrect the most popular thread (by replies).

Just got a used 80-400VR today. For a song. Turns out the guy upgraded to the 200-400, thought he would still use the 80-400...and he wasn't. So his wife told him to get rid of it.

It's in really great shape except for a very small mark on the front element that doesn't affect the pictures. Before this opportunity arose, I was thinking of the newer Sigmas (before Lensrentals.com posted their little blurb) or maybe getting one 300/4 prime and then the Tamron 2.8 zoom.

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Canon 5dMkII for me... but you could have guessed that!

10. mPower

mPower Member

Items on the list:

1.7 TC, 14-24.

Item #1 on the /wish/ list:
    300 2.8

Other then that, I think I'm good until next year on bodies, but I'm pretty much done with DX lenses for now.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Don't forget a few Ducatisâ„¢, 24LII, 35L, 16-35II, a few 1TB HDs, etc.

Plus you'll need a FW card reader. Trust me.

12. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

SEND MONEY!

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Picked up a Nikon 70-200VR last week used at a good discount. The lens wasn't used much and looks brand new. So, I got a TC-17E II on my buy list now to go with it.

This gives me a good travel lens (18-200VR), sports lens (70-200VR) and wildlife lens (80-400VR). A good line up when you add in the 50 f/1.8 lens for portraits and really low light.

14. I need a new bag. The bag i have fits my three lenses and body beautifully but its kind of bulky and I dont think i want to carry it around Disney (3 weeks to go! :D) Im thinking backpack or slingpack.

15. JEHI7278

JEHI7278 Member

A nice zoom lens for my Canon Rebel XSI