The Washington Monument under rehab 9.5 years ago

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Roger, Dec 30, 2008.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

3 or 4 years ago. I bought a Minolta DiMage Scan Dual III film scanner to scan all of my negatives and slides, but was never really happy with the results. Most of them turn out grainy and I have a lot of trouble with dust and scratches.

Your scans turn out really nice. How do you do yours?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Actually I have a Minolta Elite II, but lately I've just been using my Canon flatbed. The Elite II has ICE3, the flatbad has FARE3 - which is especially good with scratches and even color shifts. I haven't even tried to use the Elite II on my mac since Sony won't update the software, and the last version of it was for the PowerPC.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

The Scan Dual III doesn't have ICE, and I can't find the power cord to my flatbed. I'm thinking about trying SilverFast's software for the Dual III before I decide whether I want to get a new scanner. Its supposed to be better than the software that comes with the computer, but without ICE, I don't know how much better its going to be.