VR

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by HW, Oct 4, 2011.

1. HW

HW Member

Gary thank you for the kind words. to get me on a plane would require lots of drugs ;D
    Scott if I continue to hand hold that beast ; my left arm will look like popeye arm. I am going to use a monopod and I also have a puffin pad for the car window but in a pinch I can handhold if I need to jump outta the car to grab a shot which happens quite a bit out there

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's about right. ; I've done it once or twice, but I decided real quick that I needed a monopod for it.

3. gary

gary Member

so howie, drive on down, you'd need a car anyway in st augustine, you have 1 less metro area to transit than me, and st augustine isn't that deep into fla, one long day and you'd be there the next am

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

If you want birding, keep on driving a little farther down the state of Florida to my neck of the woods - I have 4 prime birding locales within easy drive of me, and would be more than happy to 'host' some birding shoots and tour you all around. ; During winter, you can put on a blindfold and toss a beanbag in any direction, and guarantee to hit a bird. ; Tens of thousands. ; And these are Florida birds, not your skittish northern birds - you can walk up an pull feathers out of their tail before they fly off. ; 250+ species in one spot, from distances of 5 to 50 feet. ; A single 2 hour walk through in the winter, and I will personally guarantee you will spot a minimum of 50 species, effortlessly.

And we're bird-in-flight central down here!

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

Hmm, Birdmania for when those poor folks up north don't know where to shovel all that white stuff that keeps falling from the sky? <insert evil grin here>

Erich

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I can laugh at that now, it was 70 degrees today and sunny. ; But I am not looking forward to the months of Dec thru March since I really hate snow!

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

And here I am, nearly year-round 80+ degrees and endless sunshine, leaving in just 3 days to the Great White North just to feel a little cool air and see some actual seasons with actual leaves that actually change. ; I'd be willing to pay a chunk of money to get some snow while up there.

Of course after enjoying it, I can simply leave, and come back to sunny, warm beachland!