YeHaa Bob T-shirts??

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Jan 31, 2016.

1. PS that Piano keyboard in the back just nails it and I like this font better!
    : ))))

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

A few variations... Keep in mind that the app I use has not figured out the formula for curved text yet, so it's definitely not perfect on that aspect.

[​IMG]
    ------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The bottom text was hard to read because it has a slight black outline... Which I changed in the subsequent designs...

4. I like the YeHaa Bob text at the top when it is in a straight line.

~Joanie

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

In my opinion (and only because the way the app did it) the curved text looks a bit weird because of the spacing. I think a co pretentious artist could fix that (I might ask my friend to give me both options since the main art would still be the same)... I personally like the straight text version too.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  6. surya kumar

surya kumar Member

Nice Designs...:);)

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Picking a nit here, but the H should be lower case. It's Yehaa Bob.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

What's next Dennis... How's his hair looking? It's just never good enough for you! First it's the "n" in Mulch, now the "h" in Yehaa. It never ends. .

Anyway, here are the corrected versions (obviously not too different). I'm still liking the flat text rather than curved, but that's just my opinion.

1) [​IMG]

2) [​IMG]

3) [​IMG]

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Tough call. They are all great. If you force me to make a call, I like #3.

10. I like # 1 with the flat text!

~J

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I like #1, but #3 would be good if we could get the letters on the bottom lined up better (and I know you're doing your best). Doesn't Photoshop have some sort of "follow the curve" feature in the text tool?

And if you think I'm bad with the shirts, you should see my comments on the planning board when I proofread the Pixelmania brochures. :)

mSummers likes this.
  12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Lining up the letters on the bottom will be done by my friend when he does the actual artwork. Remember, this is just a rough mockup of what I was thinking. The actual art will be in the comicbook style that the Mulch and "Grande Fiesta" tees were in.

13. Why couldn't we just use your design? I think you nailed it! [​IMG]

14. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Red!

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Thanks!

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My thought on this is that if we are "turning" the design over to Bob to sell on his site (at his discretion to use or not use) then I think my version is too rough and not "professional" enough. If we were only using this as our group's "shirt of the day" then I'd say it's fine. But again, depends on the end user of the design. Secondly, I only have my iPad applications to use and that limits the design a bit overall (all flat text versus any curved)...

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So after talking with my "art guy" at comicon in March he finally threw together a rough sketch. It doesn't quite look like Bob but that will be cleaned up if we go that route. Again, my thought is that if we are going to "deed the art" to Bob to use at his discretion I think it should be professionally done.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch and mSummers like this.
  18. Nice work coordinating this design with your buddy. I can't wait to see the finished project!
    ~J

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So then you'd be in agreement to go with the professionally done version and then we "deed" the design to Bob? Just want to get that "confirmation of opinion" from a few fellow maniacs prior to proceeding...

20. I like your design the best, # 1 with the flat text!