Sony NEX users of TMIP!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Tim, Dec 22, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I agree - the NEX is all about saving weight and space, so I never felt the need for fancy straps - I have a basic thin cloth neck strap I can throw around my neck or wrap around my wrist, or I put the NEX on the belt holster...I love that a small shoulder bag can allow me to bring half-a-dozen lenses along - it would take a backpack to do that with the DSLR.

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

me too! I just ordered a uv filter so I can skip the cap

3. Craig

I haven't put my optech strap on the nex yet. its bigger than the camera! I still don't have a strap on it yet

4. gary

gary Member

yo yo yo Tim, you know you are supposed to be strapped up when you go to philly

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Point taken.

6. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Tim, zackiedawg had mentioned to me that you possible use the Opteka RC-3 Wireless Remote with your nex 6. ; So I just wanted to know if it is so before I order one.

Thanks

7. Tim

Yes, I have it. ; The only button that works, however, is the shutter release button. ; Supposedly a firmware update will allow more functionality.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

To be fair there is only two buttons on the remote. I have one as well and both work. It's either a 2 second delay or immediate.

9. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Great to hear it. ; Do either of you even find yourselves running into RF traffic with your camera's? ; By this I mean other people tripping your shutter or vise-versa?

10. Tim

Don't have any experience with RF issues but haven't really tested it much.

11. Roger

I haven't. Sony isn't that popular of a brand. Btw. The remote is IR not RF.

12. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

^ too true, brain thinking one thing, fingers doing another :)

13. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Never a problem for me either, so far. ; I have the same remote (as I mentioned to you, but mine's on the NEX5N, so I figured you'd want Tim to verify if it works the same on the NEX6). ; Never had any crossed paths on the IR. ; My 2-second timer button works as well as the shutter button, like Roger's.

14. Tim

If anyone is looking for the 55-210, Target has them on clearance for $244 (in store). Just a heads up.

15. Craig

I bought the hvl-f20s flash for the nex-6. But I think it's the wrong flash? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Roger

Correct, that is the wrong flash and there is no adapter for it. ; You want the hvl-f20m flash, which is scheduled to be released at the end of the month. ; You can use the HVL-F20AM flash but it will need the hotshoe adapter. ; (Sony used to use their own proprietary hotshoe design, they have gone to a new "intelligent" hotshoe like their camcorders, so flashes from other cameras can work in manual mode, plus you can put microphones etc on it.)

17. Tim

is the f20s the silver one? ; if so, its the incorrect one. ; you want the black one.