Summer of 2013 Pics

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Scottwdw, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Calidain

Calidain Member

[​IMG]
    KWEdit-17 by calidain, on Flickr

This was taken in June during a relaxing sunset on the pier!!!

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nice sunset photo. ; Looks like a nice party going on the schooner.

3. Calidain

Calidain Member

Thanks Scott, and yes the sunset cruises in Key West are great parties!!!

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The Boys of Summer I follow are box lacrosse warriors of the Onondaga Redhawks. They start their championship series this weekend.

[​IMG]
    Game Saver by Scottwdw, on Flickr

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Another from the ice cream stand...this time learning a bit about color balance. Click the photo for more info.

[​IMG]
    Stopping for Ice Cream by Scottwdw

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

What's summer without going to a summer tourist destination like the 1000 Islands and the famous Boldt Castle.

[​IMG]
    Boldt Castle by Scottwdw, on Flickr

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

After the southern tier of New York got hit with heavy rains last week, I headed down to get some mid-summer waterfalls with lots of flow.

First time photographing at Fillmore Glen State Park. ; It won't be my last!

[​IMG]
    Cowsheds Falls HDR by Scottwdw

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

10. Love the depth in the last one, Scott!

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

f/16 and Be There! ; Hey, this thread is for anyone who wants to post summertime photos. ; Only a few weeks of summer left!

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

OK, took this a few weeks ago. Yup, the EXIF says D4. My wallet is so empty even the moths have moved out, but boy does this camera sing.

Erich

Attached Files:

13. Deeeeeee Fourrrrrrr...*drool* ; :p

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I guess you solved your frames per second issue, Erich. ; ;D ;

15. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yeah, to say the least! Now I have to tell myself to lift my finger from the shutter button, otherwise it'll happily shoot away at a ridiculous frame rate with a seemingly endless buffer too. It's funny how fast I got spoiled. After a few weeks shooting the D4 I went to a small airshow. Took the D7100 for more reach with the 300mm lens. After the first pass by a plane I thought the camera had broken because it ground to a halt before the plane had even gotten level to me. Nope, just the buffer was already full. Crazy.

Erich

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I have heard that about the D7100 in RAW. ; I use JPEG for the most part when shooting sports so I have (yet) to hit the buffer limit.

17. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

I enjoy shooting wildflowers in bloom in the spring and summer. ; Everywhere else in the Midwest, this flower is called a Turk's Cap Lily. ; In Michigan it's called a Michigan Lily.

Attached Files:

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The new Baldwinsville history mural I have been documenting this year was dedicated last week. ; I got to meet some people who brought the mural to life. ; One of them was 91 year old Catherine Rice you see below. ; I asked her to pose for me and this is what she did. ; What a pistol! ;

[​IMG]
    Link to the Past by Scottwdw

Click the photo to learn more about Catherine and the young lady who was behind the new mural.

19. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The blue sky really sets the Lily off! ; Beautiful!

20. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Nice shot, Bill. ; I have some of those in my back yard. ; I call them the "turn my white T-shirt orange" flowers; I think the pollen off them was used as a dye in ancient times.