POTD - Epcot

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ddindy, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

2. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

4. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Hockeyman that is a beautiful shot

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Am I the only person on the planet that ; likes that ride?

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Ride=good, new overlay=sucks, so I'm not a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Tim

I liked it. ; Maybe it's just me?

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My daughter is with you, she likes it

11. I liked the "nerdy" feel of the old Test Track. ; The queue was SOOOO much more visually immersive and stimulating. ; The concept of automotive testing flowed so much more with the old version. ; Lab testing was extremely educational because you learned what tests were done and why. ; My rehab would have been an update using the same theming while focusing on state of the art technology. ; The current focus is ONLY on the design aspect. ; Even so, the design has more to do with gamer-style design than real automotive design.

Having trashed the current version, I will slightly redeem it by acknowledging the fun and immersive-ness of the virtual design and on-ride testing. ; The interactive queue is great! ; It is fun to see how your vehicle performed compared to others in your ride vehicle. ; But, like Spaceship Earth, I think the virtual design is better suited for an after-ride area. ; The ride itself is not enhanced by this new virtual appendage. ; Perhaps the design aspect could have been added to the old concept of vehicle testing.

Cool points for the inside looking like TRON. ; Now there's an idea. ; Hummmmm.

At the end of the day, people will always ride Test Track for the thrill ride. ; Most people couldn't care less about the beginning once the ride vehicle pops out the double doors on its way to 60 MPH.

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Mexico glass blowing:
    [​IMG]

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I like this angle, but I need to take a few more shots so I can get one without the sticks in the way. ;)

[​IMG]
    Taiko drumming

14. I agree on the angle. ; I fell into the trap of standing among the crowds during this show and only getting angles from the side...a good lesson in unique composition/perspective.

15. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Tucked away in the corner, one of my favorite Epcot bathrooms ; ;D

[​IMG]

16. Tim

Darn tootin'... ; Pun intended?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.