POTD - Epcot

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ddindy, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Didn't know about those bathrooms! ; Might have to pay a visit. ; Up to now, my favorite Epcot bathrooms are the ones just inside the door to the Odyssey over on the Test Track side...there's a set outside, and then if you go in the glass door, a whole 'nother set inside that noone seems to know about.

2. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

Haha Tim, good one!

I'll have to check those bathrooms out. Let's hope the secret doesn't get out! ; :-X

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The first time I went in search of those Imagination bathrooms I thought they must be imaginary; I was afraid I was going to end up backstage. Needless to say, I think they don't get a lot of traffic.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. howeirdd

howeirdd Member

I think from what my wife told me, they took out the escalator over by Living with the Land (maybe some of you know the one I'm referring to; the one that is never working?) and opened up the doors by the bathrooms downstairs by Soarin'. Does that make sense? Anyway, with those doors opened, it goes to a sort of "backstage" area and spits you out right by those bathrooms! Maybe now they can be used the way they're meant to be ... and now I'll have to find a new bathroom ; :(

5. ddindy

6. ddindy

Here's something Tim will be doing again soon - checking the cleanliness of the Little One. :)

[​IMG]
    Unclean, unclean!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Believe that, Dennis. And gorgeous photograph by the way.

8. ddindy

Thanks, Tim. ; And in case anyone hadn't noticed, I doing an "Epcot at night" theme this with with my posts here, on Flickr and on G+.

[​IMG]
    Temple guard

9. ddindy

10. ddindy

Looking for a different view of IllumiNations, I wandered to the back of the Canada pavilion. ; Note the show runner sticking out of the chimney on the right.

[​IMG]
    IllumiNated Canada

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool Dennis! ; I watched Illuminations from this very spot last Friday, scouting it for a spot to shoot from, and I see it works great! ; It is also good for the 12 year olds that did not want to sit among the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Superb, Dennis. ; I absolutely love the Canada pavilion. ; This makes it even better.

13. gary

gary Member

nice illuminations shot dennis, how's the real estate available for a pixelmania group, could we fit in there?

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I think it would be hard to get the group in there. ; A few people, maybe, but 10-20 tripods would be a challenge.

15. ddindy

Thanks, everyone.

Gary, John's correct. ; We'd have to interlace legs and maybe do two or three rows of varying height to get a large group back there. ; But if some people go to the area at the front of the park reserved for Candlelight Processional lunch package, this might work for the remainder of the group.

16. zackiedawg

Always cool to see a different spot for the show. ; I don't think I've ever seen it from back there before...I've been up front on the first stairs into Canada before, which is also not a bad spot if you get there early. ; We almost should start a new thread or shooting concept - Illuminations from the back of every pavilion!

17. zackiedawg

Speaking of...my trip last month I was in Japan when Illuminations kicked off - I hadn't brought a tripod so I had to steady my mirrorless on a trashcan top and hold it angled up with my left hand under the lens while triggering the shutter with my right - not the world's steadiest stance, but managed a couple decent snaps:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

You know that's why those quadpods (aka trash cans) are for anyways. I mean, why would they have so many of them?

19. zackiedawg

Indeed...and admittedly some of them are really badly placed for getting in the way of a nice daytime shot of a pavilion, but are beautifully placed for night shots taken from their tops! ; Next time you find yourself complaining about the annoying garbage-can placement in your photo, try to imagine how that placement might do for a shooting position on a long exposure, and you might appreciate it more! ; ;)

(Personally I still remember fondly when Disney employed dozens of active garbage collectors to constantly keep the parks looking clean without requiring quite so many passive garbage collection units placed every few feet - more cost-cutting on display!)

20. ddindy

Nice shots, Justin. ; And I like your thread idea. I've been checking out the backs of the various pavilions, but Canada was the only one that I really liked. I'll try one or two more during my next trip in October.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.