POTD - Epcot

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ddindy, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

On a recent trip, I made a special effort to finally go through the entire Test Track experience. Even though I do single rider lines whenever possible, I bee-lined it to Test Track at rope drop to go through the standby line and finally get a chance to design my car.

Guess what? The design terminal they directed me to was completely locked up and non-functional. And of course there were no CMs in the design room to report it to.

Once in the car, we got to the start of what used to the ABS-enabled brake test run, and everything came to a stop. The PA announced "Whoever opened door 13, please call the tower." Apparently, opening door 13 is a bad thing. The lights came on and we sat there for 15 minutes or so, then the lights went out and the ride resumed.

I still haven't experienced the full design experience. Maybe someday they'll get the bugs worked out.

[​IMG]
    Don't open door 13

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I decided to go into Epcot through the International Gateway and NOT run to Soarin' or Test Track. ; It offers a great chance to shoot England, Canada and now France too.

[​IMG]
    Before the crowds by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

3. Love, love, love this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Peter!!!!!

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

6. Calidain

Calidain Member

I always assumed it was a fancy bulletin board, message post? ; ???

I love the framing in this photo, nicely done!!!

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Daniel!!!!

8. Calidain

Calidain Member

[​IMG]
    Disney-10 by calidain, on Flickr

I took this shot during the Flower and Garden Festival @Epcot back in May 7th right after I purchased my Nikon D7000. ; At first I wasn't that happy with the photos, but I found this Monorail shot that I didn't notice before, cropped it, adjusted the color sliders a bit, and added a graduated exposure filter on the sky (LR4).

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

It's called a Morris Column. ; It's a common sight in European cities, specifically for advertisement. ; They've been around for over a hundred years - Paris, London, and Berlin all have quite a few of them and they're still used to this day!

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great colors in that Daniel!! ; Love it!

Thanks for the info Justin, I just knew someone here would know.

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

12. Calidain

Calidain Member

Awesome capture with excellent DOF. ; :-*

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Love it, John.

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Dennis and Daniel!

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Where do they block off World Showcase now if you are able to access France?

Sent from my iPhone...

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

There was a CM at the bridge to France and let me go at 9 am. ; There was another CM just past Chef's de France preventing you from going any further into Morocco.

18. Yeah, they had goons stationed at the bottom of the bridge on the France side when we used the gateway for an Akershus breakfast back in June. ; We still tried to go the long way around, but they shut us down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.